Many community association managers across the country are working to respond to the rapidly changing environment caused by the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The best way to prepare your teams and communities for potential challenges is to be proactive. Here are four ways you can use cloud-based technology to maintain operations and safeguard your business during times of disruption.
1. Stay Connected by Streamlining Communications
Staying in touch with your board members and homeowners is not only excellent customer service, but it’s also critical to your entire operation. Modern, mobile technology allows you to:
- Use mobile communication via two-way text messaging, email, and photo attachments so your residents can receive necessary and timely updates and alerts. Bulk text and email options are also available to streamline communication within a unit or entire association.
- Encourage all payment transactions to be made online.
- Communicate guidelines around any adjustments to the architectural review process to your associations. Stay in touch with board members for any requests that need review, including in-app messaging for instant communication.
2. Manage Requests by Optimizing Your Maintenance Operations
Ensure your essential maintenance operations continue to operate efficiently for you, your residents, and maintenance technicians by utilizing technology that:
- Allows homeowners to easily submit common area maintenance requests using their online portals.
- Supports your maintenance techs with access to work orders assigned to them from their preferred device.
- Helps you stay in the loop on all maintenance communications and tracked statuses online for high visibility.
- Enables your vendors or maintenance techs within a work order to quickly cancel or adjust vendor activities.
3. Stay in the Know with Access to Your Data From Anywhere
Manage your associations and overall health of your business by using a robust accounting and reporting platform. This enables you to:
- Have uninterrupted access to the key reports and operations you need from accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Keep your back office management running smoothly with centralized real-time data, so your team is on the same page and has visibility from anywhere.
- Share 1099s electronically, along with other important tax documents, with your stakeholders to automate the hand-off process.
4. Boost Productivity and Keep Your Teams on Track
Ensuring that new and existing employees are well-trained and up-to-speed is an essential part of a healthy community association management business. Take advantage of cloud-based technology features and online resources suited for every role and workflow, such as:
- Streamlined project management and maximized collaboration with intuitive software.
- Fully centralized information that enables employees full access, given specific roles and permissions, so there are never duplicate records or discrepancies.
- On-demand webinars and online training tools to assist team members on a variety of topics as part of your overall support structure.
We want you to have the confidence that you can run your business, especially in times of uncertainty. With AppFolio, you have the tools you need to streamline communications, maintain operations, and maximize productivity. We love innovating on behalf of our customers so they can be on the cutting edge of the industry. Learn more about AppFolio’s complete solution for community association management.
Beth Gilbert is the Sr. Director of the Community Association Market at AppFolio. Beth brings over 15 years of Product experience to AppFolio and is currently responsible for developing the vision and strategy for the Community Association market. She is passionate about building relationships with customers to learn about new ways to partner in the success of their businesses.